Save results from web request executed in loop

Lucas Rietze June 24, 2022

Hey Atlassian Community,

I want to compile the list of groups a list of users in a User picker custom field are associated with. Right now I have an advanced branching loop that is sending a web request for each user. I am able to get the groups, however I am not able to store that data for each iteration.

I have attempted to use the advanced edit option in edit issue to assign them to a custom group picker field as I go, but only ever get the last set; I used update and add in the advanced edit. I have also attempted to create a variable and assign them as I go, but that also gets overridden.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this within Jira's Automation platform? 

2 answers

0 votes
Andreas Knecht
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2022

Hi Lucas,

I don't think this is possible currently.  You could create custom smart-values with the groups for each user perhaps, but there's currently no way to combine them into a super set of all the groups (without duplicates).

Cheers,
Andreas

Lucas Rietze June 27, 2022

Hey Andreas,

Duplicates would be fine as I believe that'll be resolved when I add them to the group picker field.

I have attempted to create custom smart-values with the create variable, but found it was constantly getting overwritten. Do you have advise on how to work around this?

Thanks!
Lucas

0 votes
Morgan DUBUISSON June 25, 2022

Hi, 

Maybe with this feature : https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/what-are-smart-values/

I'm looking at Monday in more detail

Kind regards,

Morgan

Lucas Rietze June 27, 2022

Hey Morgan,

Yeah, I was trying with smart values through the Create Variable option, however I was finding the previous value kept getting overwritten. Looking forward to your findings!

Lucas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events