Sandbox pricing

Ludvig Hede March 9, 2021

When using apps in the sandbox environment you have to add payment details after the trial period ends but are there any additional costs for using the core sandbox feature and where can I find documentation regarding this?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

Hey @Ludvig Hede 

If you have Premium or Enterprise plan there's no additional cost for the sandbox feature as that's included. Although if you upgrade to Premium and didn't downgrade before the trial end date, you will be charged. If you've downloaded add-ons within a sandbox environment and the trial period for such is over the cost should apply to your production environment but rather for the users who accesses the sandbox and not the entire production environment users.

Subscriptions for apps in your sandbox are available monthly, and the price for apps is calculated on the number of users with access to your sandbox, not your production environment.

Sounds good but it would have been nice to have this explained on a support page.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Hey @Ludvig Hede ,

Your sandbox(es) are included in your Jira subscription (Premium or Enterprise). The only documentation that I could find is: 

https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/manage-product-sandboxes/

As the apps on Cloud are hosted with the app vendor it requires additional licensing but since you get your sandbox and your normal subscription from Atlassian I can't think of a reason why it would cost you on top of your premium subscription.

If it would cost us on top of the subscription is what I want to find out. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Like I said, no it will not cost you on top. The Jira itself is licensed under your subscription

Like Ludvig Hede likes this

sounds good! 

yang yun June 1, 2023

It doesn't work, the sandbox is grayed out

0 votes

Hi @Prince Nyeche  @Dirk Ronsmans  or anyone else,   the Sandbox has user accounts disabled by default.    So as we enable accounts to users to test new/changed functionality on the Sandbox instance, it seems like Atlassian will not charge us anything but what about:

1) how much would a vendor charge us if we only enable say 10 accounts on the sandbox - for their pricing up to 10 users?

2) what if we enable an account that is NOT present on the Production instance - would atlassian care?

I did not want to start a new thread on this this what has been said here seems useful alongside my question.

Thanks in Advance

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2021

Hey,

which accounts are active should not be an issue, new ones or copied ones. 

The apps look at what subscription tier you have, so even if you only activate 10 users, the tier on the instance will be what defines your app license. 
I do not believe there is a special subscription type for sandboxes, that’s why atlassian recommends to just use a trial on your sandbox and recreate a new one as needed. 

I could have missed some new development about this but this is how I always understood it. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events