• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sandbox pricing

When using apps in the sandbox environment you have to add payment details after the trial period ends but are there any additional costs for using the core sandbox feature and where can I find documentation regarding this?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Mar 09, 2021

Hey @Ludvig Hede ,

Your sandbox(es) are included in your Jira subscription (Premium or Enterprise). The only documentation that I could find is: 

https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/manage-product-sandboxes/

As the apps on Cloud are hosted with the app vendor it requires additional licensing but since you get your sandbox and your normal subscription from Atlassian I can't think of a reason why it would cost you on top of your premium subscription.

If it would cost us on top of the subscription is what I want to find out. 

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Mar 09, 2021

Like I said, no it will not cost you on top. The Jira itself is licensed under your subscription

Like Ludvig Hede likes this

sounds good! 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Prince Nyeche Community Leader Mar 09, 2021

Hey @Ludvig Hede 

If you have Premium or Enterprise plan there's no additional cost for the sandbox feature as that's included. Although if you upgrade to Premium and didn't downgrade before the trial end date, you will be charged. If you've downloaded add-ons within a sandbox environment and the trial period for such is over the cost should apply to your production environment but rather for the users who accesses the sandbox and not the entire production environment users.

Subscriptions for apps in your sandbox are available monthly, and the price for apps is calculated on the number of users with access to your sandbox, not your production environment.

Sounds good but it would have been nice to have this explained on a support page.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Bitbucket Smart Commits vs. Genius Commits - What's the difference?

If you already heard about Smart Commits in Bitbucket, know that you just stumbled upon something even better (and smarter!): Genius Commits by Better DevOps Automation for Jira Data Center (+ Server...

106 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you