Salesforce JIRA Validation Failed

Agnes Böttcher February 11, 2021

When trying to create a Jira Issue via Salesforce the following message pops up:

Jira validation failed! customfield_11124: Account ID 00G4J000000Vd99UAC does not exist.

The customfield_11124 is the Owner in Jira and our Account IDs start with 0014J...

We mapped the Jira Owner with the SF Owner, so I don't know why it says Account ID (and in addition mentions an ID which does not exist in our ORG). 

Can anybody help me?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Agnes Böttcher June 16, 2021

Solved the problem, after escalation of the case the case owner changed to the support team, so the mapping for case owner - Jira issue owner failed. The case owner needs to be one person. Still wondering why the error is AccountID and not case owner. 

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 13, 2022

@Agnes Böttcher glad to hear you've managed to resolve this issue. May I propose an alternative way of connecting those systems, if you ever decide to try something new? It's a no-code integration platform, called ZigiOps. It establishes a bi-directional connection between the two systems, can transfer any field/data, reads the schema dynamically, and is customizable to fit even the most sophisticated use case. Feel free to explore it, it might be helpful - it covers your use case. You can even book a demo, to see it in action.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave)

0 votes
Swayam_Sinergify June 10, 2022

Agnes, 

This is a frequently encountered problem while syncing issues between Salesforce and Jira manually. You can try to delete the owners from both, Salesforce Org and Jira Instance, and try configuring it from scratch. 

For more information, you may take look at our documentation where it is explained how to sync issues bi-directionally between salesforce and Jira, automatically. 

https://rb.gy/t43lio

Thanks

Swayam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders