SQL: Finding story or epic for issue

Jon Watte February 7, 2012

I'm querying the database (MySQL) using raw SQL. I want a report that is "time logged against each story/epic in date range"

I can get "time logged against each issue in date range" by joining worklog and jiraissue.

However, I don't know how to map an issueid to a story or epic. Where in the database is this stored, and how do I get it back?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2012

You need to join jiraissue to IssueLink, then back to jiraissue, on source and destination to jiraissue.id.

I find that these queries quickly get out of hand, and it's probably worth writing a plugin. That way you can also give your users access to the data without letting them query the db directly.

Jon Watte February 8, 2012

This works. What I ended up with was:

select sum(w.timeworked)/3600, j.id, j.summary from worklog w, jiraissue i, jiraissue j, issuelink l where w.issueid = i.id and i.project=10060 and w.updated >= '2012-01-01' and i.id = l.destination and j.id = l.source group by j.id;

With "10060" and "10000" being installation specific.

Suggest an answer