SQL Collation suggestion wrong on 'Connecting JIRA applications to SQL Server 2012' documentation

Brian Naylor August 24, 2017

The documentation found on https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver074/connecting-jira-applications-to-sql-server-2012-881683185.html instructing a user to set up a DB in SQL incorrectly states what collations Jira supports. 

In the documentation it states that 'Latin1_General_CI_AI' is supported and is what I chose to set up my jira DB with. Today I was greeted with an error message on my Jira site claiming my collation was unsupported.

I have provided photos to show the Jira site error and the error in the documentation. 

Could this get fixed so people in the future don't run into this issue?
I'm having to re-setup the DB and start over. Very frustrating. Luckily we are just in the initial stages of using Jira so we won't loose anything.InkedJiraDB1_LI.jpgInkedJiraDB2_LI.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2017

Hi Brian,

It looks like you're running into the bug reported in JRASERVER-59378.  The workaround is as follows:

Ignore the Error in the logs and confirm the supported collation with the JIRA Instance Health Add-on.

Please be sure to vote on the issue to add impact and when you do that you'll be notified of any updates to the ticket including fix versions.

Cheers,

Branden

Brian Naylor August 24, 2017

How do I 'Ignore the Error'? There is no option and I can't get past the error page on my Jira site.

Suggest an answer