SPRINT in other board

Patrick van der Deijl May 1, 2017

Hello,

we have a problem: In the board of team Blue we see sprint 17 of team Green.  If we edit the name in the Blue board, the name in the Green board is also changed.

Sprint 17 in board Green contains a number of issues. Sprint 17 in board Blue appears empty, but when dragging backlogitems in the sprint, it gives the message that the scope is changing. So apperently the sprint is not empty.

Since Sprint 17 in the Blue board is at the top of the list, it's blocking team Blue from starting its own sprint.

How can we solve this (preferably without closing the Sprint from team Green).

Hopefully anyone has a solution for me.

Regards, Patrick

1 answer

0 votes
QuentinB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2017

Hello, you could try to re-index your projects Blue and Green, and you need to verify that there is no issues for Blue Team in the sprint of team Green.

If you could not find solution quickly, may be activate parallel sprint is a workaround to let Blue Team working on the new sprint :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/using-parallel-sprints-797737030.html

Regards

Patrick van der Deijl May 3, 2017

Hello Quentin,

Thnx for your reply. Re-indexing the projects did not do the trick.

I managed however to start the sprint by creating a new board. In the new board the GREEN Sprint was not visible and the BLUE sprint wasn't blocked anymore.

I guess that ending the GREEN sprint wil solve the issue, but we did not want to do that before the sprint ends.

So for now there is no problem.
However: We are wondering how this situation could occur. We like to prevent it in the future.

Regards, Patrick

Suggest an answer