SOLVED - Jira old server broken, and new server install troubles

David Aberdeen December 14, 2021

I've been running Jira for many years, and it has broken on my existing server.  I'm also in the process of migrating to a new server, so I have the option of not fixing the old server, and just migrating over to the new server.  Over several days, I have made slow progress...

First, the old server.  I was running...

* Jira 6.2

* MySQL 5.7.10

* Agile - not sure what version - how do I find this on the old server that is no longer working?

MySQL seems to still be working correctly on the original server, but when I try to connect to jira  (oldserver::8080), I get "This oldserver page cannot be found".  If I stop the Jira service, then I get "Hmm... can't reach this page", so my old server is obviously still responding at some level, but not working.  To my knowledge, I have not done anything to stop the old server from working, but obviously something has changed.  I've restarted services, rebooted the server, and still the same response.  Without being able to access the old server, I cannot get an XML export of the Jira database, and cannot find the Agile version number.

Now, the new server.  After much mucking around, I've transferred the database into MySQL5.6.51 on the new server.  I can login, and If I search for a specific issue number, it will show it, so I can see that the db has transferred.  I've installed an Agile add-on (v6.3.8.1), but none of the Agile stuff is working (no sprints are showing, and boards are not working), and issue lists/searches show no results.

Any ideas on how to proceed, either with getting the oldserver up and running again, or resolving issues on the new server?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Aberdeen December 14, 2021

All good now.  I eventually managed to find all the correct matching versions of JIRA, Agile and MySQL server that will run together under my licence, and I found an XML backup file that was suitable to import, rather than migrating the database through MySQL.

Suggest an answer