Run some statistics about which projects are used versus which ones are not used

Mouna Hammoudi August 24, 2022

I would like to run some statistics about my Jira projects. For example, I would like to know if a project has almost no issues or if all issues have been created more than 1 year ago and the project is no longer used. I would like to know these statistics, that way I can clean up my Jira and remove all the projects that are nor really needed. Anyone has a suggestion on how to run this analysis? Should I use a specfic Jira gadget or should I export everything into Excel and run some analysis using Excel? Is there a JQL query that could make my life easier? What do you recommend?

2 answers

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 26, 2022

If you are not against analyzing your Jira project details in Excel, one way to export Jira projects to Excel is with the dedicated template by Better Excel Exporter for Jira. This article has details for Jira Cloud and this separate one is for Jira Data Center (Server).

The output contains details like:

• Project name
  • Project Lead
  • Last issue update
  • Number of issues
  • many more + the ability to customize to your specific needs

20220804-jira-cloud-project-excel-export.png

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

@Mouna Hammoudi 

Hi Mouna

if you have access to the database you can use SQL queries provided at

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-find-unused-projects-with-no-recent-updates-1063161883.html

Let me know if that covers your needs

Cheers

Kurt

Suggest an answer