Role Permissions

victoriasargsyan96 January 15, 2021

Hello )

I am an admin of our Product of Jira Software.

We want to invite a client of one of our Projects to our Jira, but we have a problem: he has an access to our other projects too((

Can you plz recommend how can I give an access to the client for only 1 project?

Thank you in advance.

4 answers

1 vote
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

Hi @victoriasargsyan96 

1. Create a permission scheme and create a project role named client-x-role. (The best way would be to inspect existing project role or group)

Now you may want to see other project permission schemes too since the client already exists in the existing account. Check if "Browse Projects" Permission is there for other project permissions.

If yes you may want to restrict the existing projects first and then move on to the project you are actually restricting the permission to. 

From the 1st step associate the project role or group to the permission scheme and associate it to the project.

Thanks,
Pramodh

1 vote
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2021

Hi @victoriasargsyan96 

Welcome to community! you will need to re-evaluate your permission scheme to ensure you don't have it set to "Any logged in user". next, change the permission schemes to only allow Project roles in the Browse project permissions. That way, only users in a specific project with access can view the project. see managing project permissions for more details.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

Hi @victoriasargsyan96 

You may want to check with the projects that the client already has access to, please review the permissions and if it only to those specific projects, follow the info below:

You can achieve this requirement by explicitly creating permission schemes for the project you want to give access to via either project roles or groups.

Thanks,
Pramodh

0 votes
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2021

Hi @victoriasargsyan96 

Do you mean you've already added the client and they can see other projects or that they have previously been given a Jira license and can see some projects already (which you're ok with)?

If you want to add them to their first project just assign them a license in administration and go to project settings - people, to add them to the project.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/add-users-to-your-project/

victoriasargsyan96 January 15, 2021

I mean I want to invite a client to the "X" project, but when I invite him, he sees our Products other projects too, which isn't correct. I want him to see only his project. How can I do this?

Like Stuart Capel - London likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events