Roadmaps in Jira Software server

Amna Test May 27, 2021

Hello,

We have installed JIRA Software, and I was not able to see Roadmap in the project option or features, I read about I have to be in mange team, but I'm not able to figure that out either 

Thanks

Amna

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Hi @Amna Test and welcome to community!

Roadmaps are actually not available in Jira Software Server anymore. You can use:

• Basic roadmaps in Jira Software Cloud Standard
  • Advanced roadmaps in Jira Software Cloud Premium or Jira Software Data Center

Best,

- Manon

0 votes
Answer accepted
Amna Test May 27, 2021

Thank you for the reply

noted, but how can I use timelines in my projects ?

your help is greatly appreciated 

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

It is not a standard Jira Server feature, you can use an app like BigGantt or Structure to get a timeline view - it's not free though!

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Adam _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 28, 2021

Hi @Amna Test 

Taking a look at your listed requirements, BigPicture - Project Management & PPM  really seems like a good match. So let me add just a few words about the plugin. It’s a comprehensive tool that supports project management in every phase, helps to plan, manage and track the projects. With it's:

- Gantt module - you can easily synchronize your Jira tasks and plan them according to your needs, visualize your task WBS, measure the progress on each of the tasks and create task dependencies

- Resource module - to allow you smooth task allocation among your resources, track the progress/workload of your individual team members, but also teams as a whole. Data is color-coded what helps in the quick identification of both overallocation and under- allocation.

-Board module - a powerful tool that allows you to visualize and plan your work across your teams, in a given PI/Iteration period, as well as show the dependencies between tasks assigned to your teams. The Board Module also incorporates a timeline that shows important events or milestones. Plus, you can customize the task card by using the task template creator.

-Roadmap module - to allow you to plan your objectives across your iteration's/program increments

- Reports module - to generate a live-reports for each of your Boxes, and also customize it according to your needs

That's the BigPicture main functionalities in a nutshell. 

Let me know if any questions come up! I will gladly answer them.

Regards,

Adam

Suggest an answer