Roadmap not working after applying filter to sprint board

Niklas Troendle March 24, 2021

We want to hide subtasks and epics on our sprint board so we've set up the following filter:

project = DDN AND type not in (Epic, Sub-task) ORDER BY Rank ASC

This does the job for the scrum board but now the roadmap is empty and only shows this:

Screenshot 2021-03-24 103540.png

Any suggestions what to do now?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Roadmaps rely partly on Epics to provide the structure by default, so excluding them means it has nothing to work with (I don't think the sub-tasks matter, as they're right at the bottom level and don't contain anything lower).

I would try it again with just "type != sub-task".  Then have a look at the hierarchy settings for the Roadmap to see if it can be configured to ignore Epics

Niklas Troendle March 24, 2021

Hey Nic, thanks for your reply.

Just to clarify, we want to hide epics and subtasks in the active scrum board but want them to be displayed in the roadmap.

Would that be possible with your suggestion?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Yes and no.  The roadmap needs the epics to be included, so excluding them from the board means it can't map from them.

But I can get you close.  I would 

• Set up the board to include epics and subtasks (letting Roadmaps work with them)
  • Add a quick filter for "issuetype != Epic"
  • Add a quick filter for "issuetype in standardIssueTypes()"

This will present your people with a full board initially, but if they used those two quickfilters (you could, of course, combine them into one), they'd get a board without Epics and Sub-tasks.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events