Roadmap Question

Scott.Hamilton December 8, 2022

I have a company-managed project that I am looking to build out the roadmap feature and have run into what appears to be a full-stop.

It appears as if the roadmap will only show EPICS, as well as the stories related to that Epic in the roadmap feature. Is this accurate, or is there a way to also show STORIES, which have no parent, on the roadmap?

What are the recommended apps that integrate w/ JIRA that would be able to provide this functionality? In the current world, I would want t have the option on what kind of issue types that I show on the Roadmap regardless of parentage.

Thanks for any recommendations!

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

Hi @Scott.Hamilton welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You are correct, respecting the issue hierarchy in Jira, a Roadmap will show Epics (parent) and the base issues within it.

Stories are always part of some kind of feature/release (= Epic), no?

A third-party app like Structure (in combination with Structure.Gantt) gives you more flexibility and the possibility to show stories not linked to an Epic.

The Jira Premium Plan offers Advanced Roadmaps for cross-project tracking.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events