Roadmap EPICS do not reflect onto the BOARD

Yahya Negm July 23, 2020

Dear, Now when I add an EPIC and Tasks on the "ROADMAP", these EPICS do not appear in the "BOARD".
I read about this issue, I found that sometimes I need to re-Indexing the Jira, but I couldn't find this feature. so Please advise.
Thanks

3 answers

2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2020

Hello Yahya,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When using Epics, it's expected that it won't be visible on the Board. 

Per the details you provided, since you are using Roadmaps it means you are using a next-gen project, so the right place to manage the Epic is the Roadmap.

On a next-gen project, the only way to see Epics on a Board is by using the option "Group by Epic", so it will show the Epics' name and its child issues.

If you were working on a Classic Software project, the workaround would be to edit the filter to show the Epics on the Board. Currently, next-gen projects don't have "Board settings", so it's not possible to edit the filter.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

김대원 June 4, 2021

This answer really helpful.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Pete Zelinski September 27, 2021

Thanks!! I have the same problem. I understand you cannot see the Epics on the Board, bu I cannot see the associated tasks either. Thoughts?

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2021

Hello @Pete Zelinski,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The Epics won’t be visible on the team-managed project board, but it’s possible to filter by Epic and the issues in the Epic will be filtered on the board.

Screen Recording 2021-09-29 at 09.38.19 AM.gif

You can also use the Epic panel on the backlog:

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 09.44.50.png

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Pete Zelinski September 27, 2021

Thanks!! I have the same problem. I understand you cannot see the Epics on the Board, bu I cannot see the associated tasks either. Thoughts?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events