Rich Filter - Date Range

Hardip Singh July 2, 2022

Hi All

Greetings for the second time today! I'm on a roll.

I've created the dashboard in the screen grab using Qotilabs Rich Filters v1.21.1. It's still a work in progress however after posting here I've managed to understand how Jira works and how the current sprint, future sprint and backlog issue counts are calculated. 

So firstly thanks to everyone that's replied to my previous posts!

LAS Dashboard.png

I'd like to use the Rich Filter Smart Gauges Gadget to visualise a count of the created date by ranges e.g.:

• Issues created from Now() and -10 days
  • Issues created between -10 days and -20 days
  • Issues created between -20 days and -30 days
  • Issues created between -30 days and -50 days
  • Issues created between -50 days and -75 days
  • Issues created greater than -75 days

This 6 gadget cluster will provide a useful insight into the aging of the issues being added to the current and future sprints, and provide the same with the larger backlog issues (in terms of ageing) when the backlog is selected from the Rich Filter Controller Gadget.

You'll appreciate that if I use an absolutely date range then the filter will need changing, so it has to be a relative date range.

Is there any method of doing this please?

As usual, thanks to anyone that takes the time to respond.

Stay holy, happy & healthy!

Regards

Hardip

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2022

Hi @Hardip Singh it sounds and looks like you're making great progress.  Jira has some great internal date functions.  Have a look at this page.

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2022

And this one as well :).

advanced-searching-functions-reference 

Hi @Craig Nodwell 

Thanks for the encouraging words and for sharing the link. I have reviewed the page. It's a very helpful resource in many ways. I managed to get the first query working, though that is the easiest one of all e.g. Project = XXX AND created > "-10d"

I then struggled with the between dates as per my example above. Unfortunately my JQL skills are adequate (at the very best) and need some improvement!

Are there any examples that can be provided. There is one example of relative date searches in the advanced search page however the between examples have no relative operators. <sad face>

I can't seem to get my head around it e.g. for issues created between -10 days and -20 days I'm assuming that I'd need something like:

• Now()
  • Determine the date on the 11 day
  • Do the relative between function -11 to -20 days (which I can't do - see limited JQL admission above :-( )

Thanks for replying, its always appreciated.

Regards

Hardip

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2022

you're welcome how about something like (sorry not sitting with an env open to test if this is right or not)
created > startOfDay("-20") AND created < startOfDay("-10")
Lots of date functions to play with.
now.JPGdate1.JPGend.JPG

Like Hardip Singh likes this

Hey @Craig Nodwell 

I was literally just checking:

• Project = RC AND created > -20d and created <= -11d
  • Project = RC AND created > -30d and created <= -21d
  • Project = RC AND created > -50d and created <= -31d

I'll try both and report back later.

Thanks for replying Craig - it's appreciated.

Regards

Hardip

Like Craig Nodwell likes this

Hi @Craig Nodwell 

I thought I'd swing back round and give an update, and other users will also see the outcome [sharing is caring].

I ended up using the following:

• Project = RC AND created >= -14d
  • Project = RC AND created > -28d and created <= -15d
  • Project = RC AND created > -42d and created <= -29d
  • Project = RC AND created > -56d and created <= -43d
  • Project = RC AND created > -84d and created <= -57d
  • Project = RC AND created > -3000d and created <= -85d

Your method also works but the simpleton in me kept it like my original attempt.

And here's the Qotilabs Rich Filter Smart Gauges Gadget that shows that there are 57 issues in the current sprint and when the issues were created.

:-)

LAS Issues Ageing.png

What an awesome app! Kudos to Qotilabs and Atlassian Community Leaders for all the great help you provide!

Thanks again Craig. Have a great weekend comrade.

Regards

Hardip

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2022

You're welcome @Hardip Singh

You have a great weekend too.

Like Hardip Singh likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events