Restricting Project to agroup of users ( New Jira Admin)

Renee_Hill May 6, 2019

My Goal is  to restrict a project to a Jira custom group. unlicensed users to create issues.

I have removed the service desk customer - Portal access security type  from browse and create issues.

I added the custom group I created.

I receive a permission scheme error.

Any direction for this would be helpful

sderror.PNG

When I allow the application to  repair.  It updates the permission changing back to default. everyone can view project...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2019

@Renee_Hill Hi,

Instead of changing anything in the Jira Service Desk permission scheme here, you can add that custom group under "Service Desk Customers" role on Project's "Users & Roles" page in your Project settings.

You should also set the "Who can raise requests?" to "Customers who are added to the project", on "Customer Permissions" page in your Project settings.

Please give it a try and let me know if it works for you !

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2019

@Renee_Hill 

Instead of changing anything in the Jira Service Desk permission scheme here, you can add that custom group under "Service Desk Customers" role on Project's "Users & Roles" page in your Project settings.

You should also set the "Who can raise requests?" to "Customers who are added to the project", on "Customer Permissions" page in your Project settings.

Please give it a try and let me know if it works for you !

Renee_Hill May 6, 2019

Thank you very much...

I did have the service desk customer role project  group created

I did not set the Who can raise request to Customers ...

Suggest an answer