Restricting KanBan board views based on User group

james larkin October 16, 2012

Hi,

We have JIRA 5.1 with GreenHopper 6.0.1.

We are using the 'new' KanBan board (not the 'classic' boards)

We have multiple external vendors and want to apply swimlanes based on vendor, with effect that:

1. Internal users can view all items in the board, with swimlanes per vendor, AND

2. External users can see only the cards assigned to someone in their same vendors user group.

I cant find anything in the GreenHopper documentation.

Would this be managed by JIRA config, and if so, would GreenHopper respect the JIRA restrictions?

Any help much appreciated.

thanks, James.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
james larkin November 7, 2012

In the end i did this via issue security:

<colgroup><col width="503"></colgroup>
>add Issue Security Scheme 'Restrict By Vendor Security Scheme'
>add security level per vendor
> Add project Permission Scheme xxx and apply to project TRIAL
>Edit project Permission Scheme xxx , including 'Set issue Security'
Associate Issue Security Scheme 'Restrict by Vendor' to Project TRIAL
0 votes
David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Hi James,

you will have to apply those restictions to your JIRA project and GreenHopper woll respect them. The best ways of dooing so is as follows:

Project Roles and Issue Security Schemes
Create a project role for each vondor (they are applied global though) and add all users of that vendor to that role. Than create a issue security scheme and which allows you to make an issue visible for just that project role (i.e. vendor).

In your Kanban Board the only those issues (cards) are visible, where the user has the right to view it. The whole board would be visible though, meaning swimlanes etc. are visible for all users.

Hope that helps? Cheers, David

Suggest an answer