Restrict the visibility on other project for a group of users

Fanny Vieille July 12, 2021

Hello, I created a new project with all the correct set up but I don't want a group of users to be able to browse on the different project. They do not have the visibility but they can see the name of the projects in 'Project' field when they create an issue. 
I tried with the 'browser project' permission but if I remove it, user do not have the access to the project at all. 

I want them to have access to the project but not to see the different project in the screen below: 

Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 3.54.08 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

If someone can see and select a project for "create issue", then they have "create issue" permission for that project.

If you want to remove it from the list, you need to remove the setting that grants them that permission.  Check the permission scheme for the project you want to "restrict" them from - it will be naming a role or group that the user is in.

Fanny Vieille July 12, 2021

Thanks Nic, my point is to disable the ability to view other projects because they do not have access to other projects, they cannot create issues for the other projects but they see it in the dropdown list and I do not want that. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

That's the point - they do have access, because you've granted them create issue permission. 

If you want to remove their "view" access to other projects, the answer is similar - look at the permission that is letting them into the other projects and remove their access.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events