Restoring a project

Francis Mullett January 4, 2022

Hi,

A few days ago, I transferred 2 projects from another Jira account onto my current account. However in doing so, an existing project has now disappeared.

I created a backup before the transfer but don't really understand how to restore this. Is there another way to find a project that has been deleted?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Zulfiqar Bin Zafar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2022

Hello @Francis Mullett ,

To restore a project you can do the following steps:

1. Choose Setting >Projects. 
  2. Select Trash from the sidebar. 
  3. Find your company-managed project and select ••• > Restore

You must be Jira Admin to perform these steps.

Thanks & Regards,

Zulfiqar Bin Zafar

Thank you for the response. However, when I have checked there is nothing in 'Trash'.

I'm not sure whether by moving the projects from an instance over to this version of Jira, the existing projects have disappeared?

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Hi @Francis Mullett 

If you are Jira Admin, navigate to this URL

https://your-site.atlassian.net/jira/settings/projects/trash

Thanks,
Pramodh

Thank you for the response. However, when I have checked there is nothing in 'Trash'.

I'm not sure whether by moving the projects from an instance over to this version of Jira, the existing projects have disappeared??

Suggest an answer