Restore Deleted Issues and/or Projects in Jira

Jeffry Gamba October 2, 2019

I am wondering if an admin can restore deleted issues or projects? I can see deleted issues but not deleted projects. Is there any way to restore that?

2 answers

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

There is a thin line of difference between jira administrator and jira system administrator - though by default jira admin group is a member of jira system admin group, but by definition they should differ and only jira system adminstrator should have the permission to import and export backups.

Jeffry Gamba October 3, 2019

I am getting confused with what you are saying about jira admin and jira system admin? Can you please explain further @Vickey Palzor Lepcha

Thank you so much :)

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

Hello Jheff,

I am so sorry I am confusing you and diverting you from your core issue.

Are you a Project Admin or/and JIRA Admin ?

If your organization has a refinement even in JIRA Admin permission setups - you should have to kind of admins - JIRA Admin and JIRA System Admin.

A JIRA System Admin Group members should have the privilege to import/export backups :-).

If it is not defined in your organization - you very maybe able to import/export backups despite just being a member of JIRA Admin Group( not JIRA System Admin) because by default JIRA Admin Group is in turn a member of JIRA System Admin Group.

Some organizations just like to separately identify JIRA Admin and JIRA System Admin.

Jeffry Gamba October 3, 2019

Thank you:) I get it now. Thanks again @Vickey Palzor Lepcha 

0 votes
PVS
Banned
October 2, 2019

Hi @Jeffry Gamba 

If you are using xml backups, then you can use "project import" to get it back from there.

If you are using the recommended full database backups, then you will need to restore it into a dev/test JIRA, export it to xml and then use "project import" to pull it back in

Thanks,

PVS

Jeffry Gamba October 2, 2019

Suggest an answer