Resolve screen won't display when dragging on the board

plainclothes June 9, 2021

I have a resolution prompt screen set for all issues going into "Closed" status.

This works as expected if I transition the issue from the issue detail (either the modal version or the full screen).

If I drag the issue to Closed on the kanban board, the screen is not triggered and the issue is left without a transition.

I tried using a validator on the resolution field to see if that would somehow force the resolution prompt, but it did exactly what it should: just forced the issue back to the originating status.

This is for a Software Simplified Workflow. I don't usually work with the simplified flavor -- is that the issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

The Jira elves answered my question for me …

Just wait.

1 hour later the transition screen started working as expected.

Go figure.

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

Hello @plainclothes 

Welcome to the community.

Can you provide a screen image that shows the Column/Status mappings for your board? What I am trying to ascertain is if you have more than one status mapped to that column, and are actually dragging it to a status other than Closed.

I have two statuses mapped: Done and Closed. I was dragging to Closed and the status was being set correctly. The resolution and associated screen were being ignored.

Fast-forward an hour … now it's working! I've tested it on multiple boards within the Project and the screen is triggering just as designed now. Must've been a gremlin in the system. 

Thanks for your help, Trudy.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events