Resolve issue based on other issue status

Rodrigo Angulo May 24, 2022

Hi all,

I am trying to resolve an automation error. The error is 'no fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project).

My rule logic is below. I suspect the difference in statuses is the reason for my error.

I have two projects that have different statuses.

1. HELP
  2. USFSC

Objective: When I resolve an issue in the USFSC project if there is a linked 'relates to' issue I want to resolve the HELP project issue.

Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 10-38-11 Automation - Jira.png

Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 10-41-00 Automation - Jira.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

Hi Rodrigo,

That typically means that the field to update is not on the Edit screen or is not a part of the context for the field does not include the project and/or issue type used for the issue being processed. 

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply! These two projects do have different issue types! Meaning that this isn't possible right? The only issue field I'm trying to update is the status.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

It's possible but make sure the context for the custom field uses both issue types. 

Thanks John. Although, I am not using a custom field. I am trying to do this with the regular status field.

Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 12-07-34 Automation - Jira.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

You are trying to update the Status field? Why wouldn't you do an Transition Issue instead?

I tried to transition in the issue in the past but no luck. I don't have the error from the past but I have just tried with the new action of a transition and its now working!

I appreciate all the help sir!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

Great! Glad it is working!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events