Resolutions get added

Jürgen Scheffler September 20, 2022

Hi,

months ago we installed Jira in German.

I use the admin pages in English. 
I delete all german resolutions that we never need.

But when someone creates a new project, the german resolutions re-appear under Issues->Resolutions.

How can I change this?

The german default resolutions are annoying for the users because they appear like dublicates because I already have "done" (with the german translation "fertig") and then the default value Fertig re-appears next to it. Also the user who use jira in german use accidently the wrong resolutions and if I dont map the resolutions, the filters dont work correctly.

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Jürgen Scheffler 

How are you creating projects? Are projects being created net new or are they being created with a shared configuration?

Also have you verified what the default language of your instance is set to?

Best,
Clark

Jürgen Scheffler September 21, 2022

Hi Clark,

now I have a official ticket open.
So this goes parallel...
"default language of your instance" ist this the tomcat start parameter like -dlanguage....something?
I dont know how the project was created, have to test that case on my own later. But this does not matter so much, because anyways it should not appear. there was noch Workflow with these Resolutions.

Jürgen Scheffler September 21, 2022

Ok I looked at it: No, my team used scrum project to create a new project and there it show me the english resolutions.

Suggest an answer