Resolution Properties - allow single user to transition issue when in a specific status

Mindy Johnson December 12, 2022

I have a user that needs to bypass all designated workflows to allow it to close.

Ticket is in 'IN REVIEW' status
There are still 4 more status steps before close
* not all ticket for review need to go to QA, UAT etc
I need to have a single user be able to bypass the natural workflow to go from In Review to Closed.

Using Transition Properties, is it possible to allow single user to transition from In Review to Closed?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 12, 2022

Hi Mindy,

This is possible, you'll want to look at the advanced issue workflows documentation.

I believe the "Only Assignee Condition" fits what you are describing.

Cheers,
Nick

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Hi Mindy,

You can create a specific role for that user in the Project Roles under People for your project and place only that user in the Project role.

Then you simply update the workflow to include a new transition from the IN REVIEW status to CLOSED. Then add a condition to the new transition for User Is In Project Role and select this role of this user. 

Save and Publish the workflow. Then only the user in that project role will see the transition from IN REVIEW to CLOSED. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events