Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Required fields not present or fields too long in collector - Resolution is Required

hi community,

i tried to create an issue using issue collector.

i encounter error:

Oops! Something went wrong...

There was a problem submitting your feedback, likely due to the configuration of this form. You might want to contact the site owner to let them know about this issue.

from JIRA issue collector the error was:

• [23/04/2021 09:01:15] Required fields not present or fields too long in collector 'V3 Feedback' invoked from '**IpAddress**' by Anonymous.

i try to open my browser console:

1. 0: {errorMessages: Array(1), errors: {…}, errorStatus: "success"}
  2. 1: "success"
  3. 2: {aborted: 0, responseText: "{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"resolution":"Resolution is required."}}", responseXML: null, status: 0, statusText: "n/a", …}
  4. 3: init [form#jic-collector-form.aui, context: form#jic-collector-form.aui]
  5. callee: ƒ (e,t,r,a)
  6. length: 4
  7. Symbol(Symbol.iterator): ƒ values()
  8. __proto__: Object

from this, my understand is that resolution fields is needed. however, i have no way to add this field into issue collector template.

1 answer

2 votes
Ismael Jimoh Community Leader Apr 23, 2021

Hi @Reo Lim 

Instead, remove the resolution field from required in your Field configuration(make optional).

Your field configuration that is associated with the project has the resolution field set to required. This means whenever users try to create issues, since it is required, the process fails.

Instead, if you want a resolution set add a screen to the final transition where the user who works on the ticket gets prompted for the resolution.

Thanks for your kind sharing! May I know how can I make it not appear as "Required"? I have unassign it from all the screens and also validators in the workflows but it is still displayed as required.

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).pngfieldconfiguration.pngfieldconfiguration_noscreens.png

If we create issue normally, resolution is not required.

Ismael Jimoh Community Leader Apr 26, 2021

Hi @Reo Lim 

That is weird that you are not prompted when creating an issue from the UI. However, as suggested, make this field optional as you shouldn’t be setting a resolution when creating an issue.

This means the issue is already fixed and it skews any reports you are working with since reports like Created vs Resolved assume that work has been completed.

Regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Staying organized with Jira: best practices for a better project management

Project managers know this problem: A “mountain of work” lays in front of you, and you don’t know how and where to tackle them. Different to-dos lie ahead, but just one task after the other can be ha...

254 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you