Request participants field not working

Sari January 7, 2022

Hello, 

I added the "Request Participants" field in the EPIC issue. 

Unfortunately I am not able to add my name and I get the following error message: "Search failed. Try reload the issue".

Even if I reloaded the issue more times I always get the same error message. 

Could you please advice?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Muhammad Fahad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

Hi @Sari , It is not possible to add Jira Service Management fields to Jira Software Projects. You will get this error.

What are you trying to achieve?

Sari January 7, 2022

Thank you @Muhammad Fahad !

I would like to add a field in the epic, in addition to "Assignee" and "Reporter" where I can add my name and then create a filter to select the epics with my name reported in this custom field.  

Thank you

Muhammad Fahad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

Hi @Sari

You can add a custom field of type User picker (multiple users or single user based).

You can follow this guide to create a custom field: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-a-custom-field/

I hope it will help.

Thank you

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Hi Sari, Request Participants is a field used not in JSM projects and it is there by default. You posted in JSW collection so unsure which application you are working with here. I suspect what you should be doing is to add yourself as a Watcher which is similar to the RP field. Watcher is used for licensed users to follow activities of issues while the RP is used for Customers who do not have licensed access to the application.

Suggest an answer