Request for information on data provided in exports from Jira Agile 6.3 and 6.4

Mike Frymyer August 14, 2014

I would like to know if it is possible to export the type of information needed

for Kanban Metrics used in the Cumlative Flow Charts and Control Charts.

I would like to export the amount of time a card resides in each column;

or the date and time stamp when a card is moved from one column to the next and

the column that the card is moved to each time a card is moved.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2014

The information that these charts work from is all in the issue history. However, it's not explicitly stated in the history, it's calculated.

This isn't a real example, but let's say you move an issue from "open" to "closed". The date/time you created the issue is logged. The date/time you move the issue is logged. The. elapsed time between those is NOT logged, but you can always work it out from the two date/time stamps.

So, no, you can't export the data, but the information is there in the data. You'll need to export the basic data and work out the information from the data

Mike Frymyer August 20, 2014

Thank you for the speedy response.

Let's take a scenario...One of my team developers moves an issue from the analysis column and begins to develop it. After two hours he/she moves it to the test column. The tester finishes testing the issue and moves it to the verify column after 1 hour. The product owner then verifies the issue is complete and moves the issue to done after 30 minutes. I have not been in the system to watch all of this so all I can see is that the issue was updated when the issue was moved for the last time, which means I now have the Created Date/Time and the Updated Date/Time (when it was moved to Done). I have just missed everything in between and all of the time-stamps associated with each move.

My question is how I can have access to all of those timestamps without actually having to monitor the system in real time and recording each move as it happens. I hope this makes sense.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2014

As I said, it's all recorded in the issue history. Look at the issue and use the history tab and you'll see a full set of date/time stamps.

You'll need to read that and do your calculations based on the data in there.

Suggest an answer