Reports

kheckaman1 May 21, 2021

Is there a way in Jira to pull a custom report? I'm looking for issues and tasks that are currently open. I would also like to see the number of epics that are open. 

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

Hi @kheckaman1 - Welcome!

You can use a filter like: Project = ABC and statusCategory != Done

This will get you all issues that are not Done (i.e. open). 

0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

@kheckaman1 welcome to the Community!

Yes, you can get that information easily. The simplest way is just by searching. Go to Filters -> Advanced Issue Search (or https://<your instance>.atlassian.net/issues). You can use the Basic search to select criteria from dropdowns, or use JQL (Jira Query Language.)

A simple JQL query would look something like this:

issuetype in (Story, Task) and status = Open

Where you would update the In clause to include the actual issue types you want to include. You can save the search as a filter and use that in a dashboard if you want different ways of visualizing the information; pie charts, for example. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2021

And if you want to see a visual representation of this filter then simply use a dashboard and various gadgets referencing the filter

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events