Reporting on breached bugs in the last week without Scriptrunner

Daniël August 15, 2018

Hi all,

So basically I need to report every week how many bugs breached there 'Resolve deadline' and how many were fixed (Resolution: Fixed) before there 'Resolve deadline'. The bug tickets are created from Zendesk. So we don't use JIRA Service Desk and the Zendesk reporting is way off. 

I know this can be done with Scriptrunner. But I can't write code in Scriptrunner and the rest of the back end developers are busy. I was looking for some tutorials but couldn't really find any good ones.  So is there a plugin or other way to accomplish this? 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2018

Create a transition Set Resolution and attach the resolution screen to this transition. Remove the Resolution field from all screens except this one. Create a new custom field called Actual Resolution date or something similar. Attach the "Update Issue Custom Field" post function to this transition and update the Actual Resolution date with the current timestamp i.e enter %%CURRENT_DATETIME%%. You can generate a report for these issues with a JQL filter and displaying/sorting the Actual Resolution date and Resolve deadline side by side.

Daniël August 15, 2018

@Danyal Iqbal thank you very much! I'm going to try this :)

Suggest an answer