Reporting historical time spent blocked

Dan Towler July 6, 2020

I'm keen to develop a historical picture of where our team is being blocked on tasks.

I'd like a report that lists any Epic/issue that has become blocked at any point in time and to show the elapsed time it was blocked. I can have a custom field (say BlockedBy) to denote which group I'm blocked by but it's unclear to me how to track that elapsed time from when it became blocked and how long it was blocked for (until made EMPTY again).  The report could be configured to look back over the past 30, 60, or 90days.  The elapsed time should be calculated from when the Issue was set to a non-empty BlockedBy value until when it was made EMPTY again. A total of elapsed time by BlockedBy would also be useful.

Any advice to build this capability would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2020

Hi @Dan Towler 

You can monitor data history changelog with issue fields using Issue History add-on.

It shows a changelog report, that includes data about who, when, and which changes have done to each issue.

You can configure applications column manager to monitor data about specific issue fields you are interested in. 

2020-07-01_14-26-58.jpg

For deeper analysis, you can use data export.

Hope it helps

Best Regards

Zoryana

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders