Reporter of Issue not receiving emails

Peter Hill July 20, 2021

Hello

I have been informed by a customer that they are not receiving email notifications from our Jira system.

They are the Reporter of the Issue raised.

A Test email from Jira was received by the user.  I can't work out why as the Reporter they are not receiving emails when a comment update is made.  Here's the results of the Notification Helper.

Email notification helper result.PNG

Hope you can help.

Obviously I can provide you with the actual email address of the user if you need to check anything being blocked.

Peter

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

I assumed that the event was a comment can you verify that? Also was a comment made by the reporter or someone else. As can be seen in the notification helper the reporter would not receive a notification for their own comment. But I assume you already realize that. do other reporters receive notifications?

Peter Hill July 20, 2021

Thanks Jack

Yes the event was a new comment, made by me.  All other participants received an email (I can see that in the mailbox sent items folder).  This person is the reporter and didn't receive it.  It's almost like they have unsubscribed (perhaps not knowingly).

Peter

Like Venugopala Naidu likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

this is JSW not JSM, right? i don't understand "unsubscribing" in the context of JSW.

please check notifications under project settings associated with the user. try changing the reporter, test, change back and retest. have user check junk email.

Peter Hill July 20, 2021

We are Jira v7.13.18 (I know we have a project to go to Jira Cloud).  So I'm not sure of the terminology, but if JSM is Jira Work Management then yes I think that's right.

Unsubscribing was something I saw in another topic where an email is sent to a reporter informing them that a ticket had been successfully raised, but it also included a link to unsubscribe from future notifications - so I took it from that if the recipient did so they'd no longer receive email.

I get what you're saying about notifications and will try your suggestion.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events