Report last comment and open subtasks per issue

Pieter van Biljon December 4, 2017

Hi. I am looking for away (Not sure if possible) export an report out of a JIRA Project that shows: Assignee, Issue type (Not Subtasks), Latest comment, All sub tasks per issue.

Reason being: We need to on weekly basis report on statuses of all issues, this status is included in the last comment of every issue, and the we need to report on open/in progress subtasks of each issue. The excel report will just make live a bit easier. Then I can create a pivot table and add that to our MSword template (That also includes other detail not being tracked in JIRA)

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2017

@Pieter van Biljon, I assume you key issue here is getting the comments? You may want to consider something I have done for “latest status”. I didn’t like having to comb thru comments to obtain the latest status so for certain projects I created a custom text field “Latest Status”. The assignee or project manager is responsible for keeping it up to date. This allows me to present this field on dashboards for quick reference. This would also allow you to more easily export. 

Suggest an answer