Repeated emails

Laura valenzuela June 4, 2021

Hello

Is there a way to find out why Jira sends more than 5 emails with the same event to the person responsible for an issue?

For example, if the person reporting the problem closes the solution to the problem, the person responsible receives more than 5 emails with the same event.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2021

I happened to come across a case like this when a role account like development@example.org was put to watcher as well as dev-team-1@example.org where the user was member in both distribution lists.

From what you said it sounds it would be always the same amount of 5 mails, right?
In this case I would also have a look into the mail server for configuration mistakes, first of all though to compare all mail headers (for each received, doubled) mail - probably there is some minor difference to spot.

Laura valenzuela August 25, 2021

Hi, sorry for the delay, I still have the same problem. The distribution list where it is configured?

evidencia 25 08 2021.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2021

The distribution list would be configured in your mail system. The administrator of your mail system should be the person to speak to.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2021

That doesn’t make sense. Are the emails exactly the same?

Laura valenzuela June 4, 2021

Hi jack, it's correct

Suggest an answer