Reorder items in Business Project timeline

Katherine Japutra August 17, 2021

Is there anyway to reorder tickets shown in Timeline view in Cloud Business Project? 
I found in List view, there are 6 dots when hovering on the ticket but I can't seem to find sth similar in Timeline view.

5 answers

2 votes
Mark Carroll November 5, 2021

Think I figured this out.  Reordering the tasks in the 'Board' view will also reorder in the 'timeline view'.

Hugh Osbourne January 27, 2022

Can confirm this works for me. Seems a little confusing, almost incidental dev work, but can't deny that it works.

Like Rob Fenoglio likes this
1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2021

Hi Katherine,

Currently there doesn't appear to be any way to sort the issues in the timeline view. I found one open suggestion (JWMCLOUD-52 ) that is related to this. However I can imagine there would be a number of other ways one might want to sort the list.

0 votes
jcappadona August 23, 2022

So if you re-order it in list, it will take effect in timeline. 

Mark Carroll August 23, 2022

Yes.  Just tested it again and worked that way for me.

jcappadona August 23, 2022

Sweet :) I do agree, it would be cool if you could re-order straight from the milestone page. But at least there is a work-around. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Mark Carroll November 5, 2021

Agree this is a real pain and I don't know of a solution.  Odd that is easily reordered in a software project but not a business project. Seems a significant shortcoming.

0 votes
Curt Jackson October 15, 2021

This is a real pain.

Does anyone have any insight, or knowledge of any documentation on how this is sorted, because there definitely is something going on with the ordering. It's not alphabetical, or by key ID, or due date, or start date... but something is ordering them and if I knew what it was I may be able to utilise it to order things in a manner that allows me to present a useful timeline to my team that isn't disorganised.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events