Renaming Fields on Jira Edit Issue Screen

Olga Toverovskaya May 3, 2021

Hi There, I desperately need to edit field names on my Jira Edit Issue Screen.  I'm a project (not instance) admin.  Any chance this is feasible?  Thanks in advance, Olga. 

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Hello @Olga Toverovskaya 

When I last worked with JiRA Server we used the Adaptavist Scriptrunner app to enable us to change the labels for fields (i.e. rename fields) using the Behaviors feature. However, use of that feature was not available to Project Admins. It was something that had to be set up by JIRA Admins.

That app has a lot of other features in it that may not interest you, and there might be other apps that provide that functionality.

0 votes
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

@Olga Toverovskaya  

Unfortunately,  you can't edit the custom field names  without Jira administrator privilege. As this can be achieved only from the custom fields setting page.

Thanks 

Mohamed Adel 

Suggest an answer