Renaming Agile tab

Plexus ALM Support January 3, 2013

So I've heard there's no supported way to rename the "Agile" tab in JIRA to "GreenHopper" or something else, but I'm looking for a creative way to do just that. My users are getting Agile confused with a industry tool of the same name.

Does anyone know of a way to modify JIRA, the GreenHopper plugin assets, or templates on the filesystem to accomplish this?

Regards,

Matthew

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

Install InProduct Translations plugin and you can rename the Agile tab. You can do this 5 minutes. No need to deal with any source code.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.translations.jira.inproduct

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

There's no way to rename it in the UI, Jira doesn't have any translation facilities for "core" concepts. At the other end of the scale, you are *not* going to need to recompile the entire application from source code just to change the label on this core phrase. (broughn2, May 25, 2011)

Exactly where we need to go is a bit fuzzy for me though. If it were a *Jira* core concept, then I could easily point you at the "renaming core concepts" bookmark, which works by editing language files. But it isn't Jira. It's Greenhopper, and I don't know where those labels are stored inside the plugin. I'm *guessing* it's a similar idea - change the Greenhopper properties file that controls the language, rebuild the plugin and re-install it (broughn2, May 25, 2011)

<Answer copied form this link>

http://jira.10933.n7.nabble.com/Rename-Agile-Tab-in-JIRA-td12891.html

Rahul

0 votes
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2013

Matthew,

You're welocme to download the source code of our products from my.atlassian.com. This will allow you to customise it in any way that you can imagine.

Plexus ALM Support January 3, 2013

I wasn't aware of that option. Thanks!

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2013

I wondered about this - so all of your source code is freely available and modifiable, and can be freely hosted by organizations who want to use the product- but licenses for Atlassian hosting, that's where Atlassian has a revenue stream, to keep you moving forward?

Suggest an answer