Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Remove unwanted app fields

Similar to this user question I am seeing unwanted app fields in my new project's issue types that I have created. 

I have tried to find "issue layout" as suggested both in the main project settings menu and on the issue types screen but don't appear to have that option. The issue types screen seems to be roughly equivalent to the screenshot provided by the solver so I'm assuming they were folded into one in some more recent update? However the app fields in question are not visible here in order to be able remove them.

These app fields don't show up under "app fields" so cant be turned off that way either.

Any ideas?

image.png

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @graeme_smith 

Welcome to the community.

Based on your images, you are using a Team Managed project. This is noted near the bottom of the navigation pane on the left. In the post you're referenced the project was a Company Managed project. These types of projects have different architectures to support different types of administrative access.

Also you are working with a Work Management project, where the other poster was working with a Software project.

As noted in the App Fields screen image you included, your option for getting rid of fields is to disable the apps that added the fields. I see that the apps that are shown in that image are already disabled. That should remove their associated fields, but it is possible that they were constructed in such a way that disabling the app on that page does not disable the fields.

For the other fields it is possible that they are enabled by apps at a global Jira instance level, and you may have not control over disabling them for your Team Managed Business project.

I don't have any of the apps associated with the fields you indicated installed on my system, so I cannot speak to removing those one specifically.

You may need to reach out to the vendors of the apps that added the fields to get additional information about how to remove/disable them for a specific Team Manage Business project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events