Remove search field for KB if there is no linked KB

Louie Garofalo December 27, 2017

Is it possible to remove the search field for knowledge base articles from a specific service desk project? I've got each request type set to "no" as far as the Search KB setting, and the option to search the KB won't go away.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2017

Hi Louie,

There is a knowledge base article titled How to hide/remove the Knowledge-base section from ServiceDesk project navigation sidebar that may help with this:

To hide the Knowledge-base Menu section displayed on Project Navigation sidebars of Service Desk projects, especially if you're not using Confluence or have no intention of integrating your ServiceDesk with a Knowledge-base.

Disable the "sd-project-settings-kb" module from Manage Add-ons (tested only on Service Desk versions 2.5.9)

• Navigate through Administration Menu > Add-ons > Manage Add-ons. Find the JIRA Service Desk Add-on
  • Expand the modules of the Add-on and find the sd-project-settings-kb module. Disable this module.

Try this and let us know if it helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Louie Garofalo December 27, 2017

Hi @somethingblue,

Will this disable the KB for all SD projects in our cloud server?

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2017

Hi Louie,

I checked the Cloud instance and this isn't a module that can be disabled in Cloud.  In addition, on Server this disabled the entire module which would disable the Search functionality on all SD projects.

Do me a favor and try this:

1. Go to project settings
  2. Go to Knowledge base and click on the remove button

If that does not work there is a Suggestion for Cloud that you can find at Option to remove the Search Bar in the Service Desk portals overview.  Please vote on the issue to add impact so we can get this added to Jira Service Desk.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer