Remove Trello Links from Jira Issues

Peter Clark August 27, 2021

My team uses Trello for tracking our projects, but work closely with another department that uses Jira.  I created Trello cards that use the Jira powerup to show the status of Jira issues within Trello.  Since this then creates a link on the Jira issue itself linking back to Trello, I went in and deleted all these links.  Well they reappeared within an hour.  How do I remove these for good?  The Jira users do not even have access to this Trello board, so it is very distracting to have those links there.

2 answers

1 vote
Paulo Ribeiro September 2, 2021

I have the same issue as I'm using a personal/private Trello board to help me manage work across multiple Jira boards. Recently, the Jira issues started having links back to my private Trello board, which is confusing my colleagues.

I wish there was a way of disabling this, especially since my Trello board is private and the links in the Jira cards include the titles of my private cards on Trello, thus leaking information that I thought only I could see!

1 vote
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2021

Hello @Peter Clark ,

Linking Jira issues to cards is the primary feature and purpose of the Jira Trello power-up and therefore is not something that can be disabled without disabling the power-up.

If you do not want the link between the two systems displayed I would recommend removing the power-up and manually including hyperlinks in the Trello cards for the issues in Jira that you want to track in the Trello board

Regards,
Earl

EmanuelPoremba April 20, 2022

If you do not want the link between the two systems

want to have a link from trello to Jira but not the other way round.

Unfortunately you only provide a bidirectional solution. Myself and many other users but want a unidirectional solution. Is it so difficult to make the Jira link optional?

Like Paulo Ribeiro likes this

Suggest an answer