Remaining time estimate showing wrong time for particular user?

Siddhesh Upadhye
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

Hello,

I am facing issue in Remaining time Estimate as follows

It is showing remaining time estimate (224h) more than Original Estimate (77h) for 1st User (Srikant)

Screenshot 2024-02-22 182656.png

Even if i see excluding subtask it shows more Remaining time Estimate for User "Srikanth"

Screenshot 2024-02-22 183050.png

Since i have included Original estimates to subtask (BEHR-32) only for 77h for user "Srikanth". Not to its parent Story (BEHR-10)

Screenshot 2024-02-22 183442.png

Also, User "Shrikant" has NOT logged work in any of his ticket yet, but still it shows "Remaining time estimate" time more for him. 

Please help to me to resolve above issue

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2024

Hi @Siddhesh Upadhye and welcome,

original and remaining estimate are two different information. "Original" is related to the estimation at the start of the activity. "Remaining", by default, is the difference between the original and logged time BUT user can change the remaining during the worklog operation.

In my opinion, user adjusted the remaining estimate manually.

Fabio

Siddhesh Upadhye
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 23, 2024

I understand user can change remaining time manually, but my question is how come it is showing remaining time as 147h in top bar even if i set 0h in bottom box

As i set Original Estimate as 70h for this issue...it is suppose to be reflecting 70h as remaining instead of 147h? (Screenshot for reference)

Also on Subtask level there is no manual change in Remaining time from user

Screenshot 2024-02-23 143559.png

Suggest an answer