Remaining hours set to zero when ticket is closed

Veronica April 24, 2013

What properties do I set in the closed status in my workflow to automatically set the remaining hours to zero when a user moves an issue to close?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Chris McFadden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Use a Post Function to do "The Remaining Estimate of the issue will be set to 0."

Veronica April 24, 2013

I am not seeing "post function" . When I click on step properties from the "Closed" sstatus, I only can add property key and property value. What am I missing?

Veronica April 25, 2013

Hi Natalie: I figured out what my problem was- simplified workflow- all good now. Thanks!

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

Veronica, Chris is telling you to add a post function, which is applied to a transition; it's not a step property. You select the transition where you are closing the issue, and in the transition you should see "conditions", "validators", "post functions" tabs. Click on "post functions", then "add", then "update issue field". Select "Remaining Estimate" from the drop-down and put "0" in the field value box. Click "add" and then publish your workflow. :)

Like burton_roger2 likes this
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

Cool! Thanks for remembering to come back and mark Chris' answer as accepted (a lot of times people forget to). :)

Dnyaneshwar Ramesh Borase March 15, 2019

Hello Chris,

We are going to do this change but before that we would like to know that,Is there any impact on the burndown chart after implementing this?

Regards,

Dnyaneshwar Borase

Neal Johnson April 17, 2020

Yes, it will remove the orphaned remaining hours which make your burndown inaccurately show hours remaining in the sprint which aren't there.

Suggest an answer