Remaing estimate in Jira Agile plan mode

Martin Henrysson January 14, 2014

Hi,

Is it possible to get the remaining estimate visable in the estimate area in the issue list insteal of the original estimate? See screenshot for reference.

//Martin

2 answers

0 votes
Martin Henrysson January 16, 2014

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your answer!

My issue isn't really to keep track on how many hour are remainging. Its more related to when we are estimating and planning.

Most of the time we create sub-tasks for changes to be able to split the work between developers, how can I get an overview of all individual tickets estimate in the planning mode. When we add sub-tasks we only add the estiamte to the sub-task not the original estimate. And what i can see this is only summarized in the remaining estimate, not the original estimate that is displayed in plan mode.

Kind regards //Martin

0 votes
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2014

Hi Martin,

The purpose of Plan mode is to plan issues and estimate time and effort initially hence it's more meaningful for Original Time Estimate (if you choose it) to be displayed.

When you switch to Work mode i.e. start working on issues, you can keep track of Remaining Time Estimate by selecting Remaining Estimate and Time Spent as the method of Time Tracking.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer