Release version

Cuoghi Massimiliano November 13, 2019

When i open a issue, if i associate it with two versions, I can see the problem open or closed on both versions at the same time, but I can't see the intermediate states (open in one version and closed in the other).How can I manage the intermediate cases? I tried the sub-tasks but I lost a lot of information related to the father task, which does not appear in the release version of the subtask

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2019

I ran into this years ago. Jira doesn't support independent workflows for multiple version w/in the same issue. The only way (?) to do this is to clone the issue for each affects version and treat them independently. Maybe there is an addon that would help here but I am unsure.

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 14, 2019

If you need a tool with advanced cloning functions you can try our Marketplace app "Deep Clone for Jira". It's e.g. possible to bulk clone several issues at once.

With "Merge Agent for Jira" you can merge the content of several issues into one issue - if you desire to have all information in one ticket in the end.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with us at support@codefortynine.com  if you have questions or feedback.

Like Rob Green likes this

Suggest an answer