Release notes in Jira Cloud?

Sidharth Nayyar October 11, 2017

Hello,

Does Jira cloud have the ability to create release notes? I'm going to Project settings and versions but I do not see create release note. I also do not see release notes in the left side pane of the Project settings. Maybe it's a setting or feature or something?

Kind regards

Sidharth

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

I am on cloud and see the link. images below...

RN1.jpg

RN2.jpg

RN3.jpg

Sidharth Nayyar October 11, 2017

Oh yes, thank you - I don't know how I missed that!

Is there anyway to add a new template to the HTML and text templates that are already there? Or a way to change an existing one?

Thank you once again.

Kind regards

Sidharth

Alex Hurtado March 22, 2018

Total Noob here,

I'm trying to get my custom field to show up instead of the summary. I tried following the steps from this link.

I was able to do step 1, Create the Custom Field but I cannot get beyond that point. I don't have JIRA installed so I don't know exactly where to make the changes. Any and all help/guidance would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

-Alex

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2018

@Alex Hurtado, please post this as a new question as it is not directly related to the original post.

Alex Hurtado March 22, 2018

Thanks Jack,

I just did!

0 votes
alexander.minin January 15, 2020

Hi,

We have recently raised an issue with Atlassian regarding an ability to create release notes for certain version of next-gen Jira project. They created a change request out from my request, here it is: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18674

please vote and hopefully we will get this feature soon!

0 votes
Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2019

@Sidharth Nayyar  you may want to take a look at our Automated release notes app for Jira. It is extremely flexible in terms of the data it can collect from Jira & the format/look & feel of release notes it generates. 

Here is a quick showcase of sample release notes.

Suggest an answer