Release more versions

Zeljko Mitrovic April 1, 2019

Hello Community,

we have following situation. We're working as a team with a kanban board, having in the team different roles e.g. tester, developer etc.

We also have different issue types depending on the user role of each user. The testers use bugs, the developer changes and so on.

Because we're working of different components in the project we have more than 1 x "Fix Version". We split it by components and not by a Go-Live appointment.

What we want now, is to release on a Go-Live more that one Version. Is this somehow possible that we bundle that all to one release?

Thanks in advance.

BR Zeljko

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2019

Hello @Zeljko Mitrovic 

Lot of Managers face the issue which you are facing, Jira provides out of the box support for it.

You can easily *Merge* versions in Jira. Thus, all your component specific versions can be moved into a single consolidated version.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/organizing-work-with-versions-861257156.html#Organizingworkwithversions-Mergemultipleversions

Zeljko Mitrovic April 3, 2019

Hello @Tarun Sapra

thanks for your request.

Of coure i found already the merge function but I'm afraid this would not fit our purposes. Because if i merge all versions to one, I would in the end not see in which original version this issue was fixed.

I thought more about a function that bundles all versions to a leading one - like you have sub-tasks in tasks.

BR Zeljko

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2019

Hello @Zeljko Mitrovic 

When you say

"I thought more about a function that bundles all versions to a leading one - like you have sub-tasks in tasks."

Do you mean if the fixVersion of the issue is Q2 and the final merged version is Q3 then you want to see both Q2 and Q3 in the fixVersion of the issue as fixVersion field supports multiple values. 

Zeljko Mitrovic April 4, 2019

Yes Tarun, this is what i mean. I need somewhere the original planed version and also then the release version. Is that possible with this function?

Suggest an answer