Release filter on kanban board doesn't work

Samantha Johnston March 11, 2021

Using the kanban board to get a view of work progress, I want to be able to filter it so that I can look exclusively at the current sprint/release but I can't get the release drop down to work.

Whenever I select a release I get the following error:

" This version has issues with potential problems. We recommend using the Release Hub instead. "

I can't find any information about what these 'potential problems' are, and I can't customize the release hub to suit our needs.

I'm getting around this by making the filter for my kanban only show issues in my current release, but it means I have to update the filter at the start of each sprint to keep the team's view up to date.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2021

Hi @Samantha Johnston 

Have you considered using quick filters for your release information?  You may then enable/disable them as needed on the board or backlog views.

We found the following two quick filters helpful...

Next release: fixVersion = earliestUnreleasedVersion()

All later releases: fixVersion != earliestUnreleasedVersion() AND fixVersion in unreleasedVersions()

Best regards,

Bill

Samantha Johnston March 12, 2021

I wasn't aware of the earliestUnreleaseVersion() possibility - that's a great idea, thank you!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2021

Is this board associated with a single project? I’m wondering about permissions or trying to release across multiple projects and a conflict with release version. Just guessing at this point. More details might help e.g.

• board filter
  • is this a new board and problem or old board and new problem- has it ever worked
Samantha Johnston March 11, 2021

thanks so much for your reply :)

the board is within the one project, same project that the release I'm trying to filter down to lives in.

Filter query I'm using currently is: 

project = AUTO AND fixVersion = AUTO-2021-03-11 ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC

this was previously just:

project = AUTO ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC

(i've added the fixversion as a workaround for this filtering issue).

It's also a new board, release filtering has never worked for me.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events