Release button is grayed out

cia December 21, 2020

I am a Jira board admin for this project and usually see the Release button on the top right, but now it's grayed out. How do I get this enabled again? It seems to disappear for me every few months.

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.27.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.32.59 AM.png

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Hi @cia  - You must be a Project Administrator to do a release, not just a Board Administrator. 

cia December 21, 2020

Thanks Tansu + John.

We removed the other projects. And that seemed to work. An error message would be very helpful, something like "You can not release this board because you are not an admin of XXX and YYY projects".

Removing projects I am not admin for made the Release button appear again for me, but it created new problems and included 500+ tickets from another board in the same project :(

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Hi @cia 

Is there any issues in the board? Is DONE column located in the most right of the board? 

Maybe board filter includes more than one project? And you are not admin there.

You can share a screenshot if possible.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events