Release Panel Disappears Permanently

Jeanne Howe November 26, 2019

Jira Cloud users - As I am sure you are aware, Atlassian has been rolling out their "new" issue view in Jira Cloud.

Despite that fact that not all functionality is available in the "new" issue view, Atlassian has begun removing functionality from the "old" issue view.

The Release Panel is an example. It was intentionally removed from the "old" issue view and can only be seen on the "new" issue view, but there is a problem. If you, or any project admin, modifies the Issue Layout (move fields up/down or hides fields) the Release Panel disappears permanently.

Atlassian has opened a Bug for this issue, but has classified it as a LOW priority. By their on standards, -  https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/atlassian-cloud-bug-fixing-policy-206865884.html - this should be a High or, at the least, a Medium priority. Please help us get Atlassian's attention and vote for this Bug fix:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73330

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2019

Hi, Jeanne I noted this was a duplicate post. I earlier moved the other to the discussion collection as there is not real question here to be answered. Please let me know if I am mistaken.

p.s. i did vote for the issue.

Jeanne Howe November 26, 2019

Jack,

I created as a question because typically, when searching for answers, users do not search discussions. They search questions. I wanted this to be as visible as possible; hence the "question"

Thanks for voting the issue :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2019

Got it.

FWIW, most (90%+) answer seekers land here from Google actually which doesn't exclude Discussions and if the searcher uses the search bar above they will also see all collections. The only case Discussions would be excluded is if they specifically go to the Explore/Community menus and select only Questions.

Suggest an answer