Regarding File Lists in Jira Sprints

Velvet December 26, 2020

Hello,

My team just started using Confluence together with Jira and created a File List as our main storage. My question is if it's possible to access the files within sprints when adding an attachment to an issue? Currently getting the option to drop files directly from PC or upload through Giphy, Dropbox and Google Drive but would it be possible to directly access the files from File List? We'd rather not reupload the same files we already have in File List. 

Thankful for answers!

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2020

@Velvet 

You can add the link from inside your project to the file list (not familiar with file list) which is another option if you don't want to add the attachments to the issues.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Fadoua

Velvet December 27, 2020

Thank you for your answer! Do you mean linking the file's url (directly from the file list) as a comment inside the issue? We've tried it but the link shows no thumbnail of images, and pdf-files download instead of opening up within Jira etc which makes it harder to navigate through the sprints for us. Is there any way to make linked files show up exactly as if you used an attachment? Or is there a better storage function we could switch to?

Thanks for taking your time with all these questions. 

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2020

@Velvet 

The way I mentioned above is a link from inside your project however it is not the best solution. As you will have to have a big storage and may be label each folder with the issue number so that users will know the attachments belong to this specific issue.

I had a customer with this scenario because they use Sharepoint.

Do you mind if I ask why not attaching them directly? You mentioned that they are already saved somewhere, however it makes more since when each issue has its own attachments.

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer