Referencing version assigned in JIRA Agile Board in basic JIRA queries

Christopher Bandte December 8, 2013

Hello,

in a JIRA Agile Board we assign stories to versions (leftmost panel). Now we'd like to reference these assignments in basic JIRA queries (i.e., displaying as column in result view and filtering according to version assignments). How can this be achieved?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christopher Bandte December 9, 2013

Hello,

I checked again today - and now it works! I could use a filter like '... AND fixVersion = "<name of version>" ...' or '... AND fixVersion = <ID of version> ...' and it provided the expected amount of Stories as result set.

Don't know why it didn't work yesterday ...

0 votes

Hi,

I've just another update: The attribute Fix Version/s was configured as being hidden; no we've made it visible again, and the values are displayed in the result list of a JIRA query again.

Nevertheless, we've still issues to find the correct syntax in JQL to select all Stories assigned to a certain version. A term like
... AND fixVersion = "<name of the version>" ... or
... AND fixVersion in ("<name of the version>") ...
does not provide all expected Stories in the result set.

Maybe someone has an idea how such a filter has to look like?

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2013

Hi Christopher,

If I'm correct JIRA Agile uses the Fix Versions field for it's versions.

This is a standard JIRA field so you should find this without problems in JQL.

Best Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

thanks; I just checked for a few Stories which are assigned to a version via Board, but no value found in Fixed Version/s (and also not in Affected Version/s) field ...

Hope I'm not doing something wrong?

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2013

Hi Christopher,

Thart's wierd, the documentation says you should look at the Fix Version Field :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Planning+a+Version

I'll check it later on my own Jira instance.

Best regards,

Pete

I just checked in a query - I could use fixVersion for filtering, and also thw available versions were offered when typing the query string, but then the query itself showed no results - as if fixVersion wasn't set for any of the Stories.

Suggest an answer