Recreate historical agile information

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to import a agile project on an existing instance. I managed to import the issues, but all agile information is not imported.

Is there a way to recreate the sprint informations in a second step. I mean, recreate all closed sprints?

Thanks

Stéphane

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2014

Hi,

We managed to reimport all agile data (boards, reports, ...).

The only information we couldn't reimport was the Ranking field values.

Stéphane

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2014

Hi Stéphane,

I've had the same problem a couple of months ago and couldn't find a solution.

In the end we decided that we didn't need the agile history as much as we just needed the issue history (all important information is in the issues not the sprints).

Best regards,

Peter

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2014

Thanks Peter,

I think I found a solution (not tested yet...) to transfer the content of the Active Objects table and the customfield values for the Sprints directly in the database, but it's a tricky operation, which will also need JIRA to be stopped for a long time...

I think I will try to convince everyone to forget about the historical information!

Stéphane

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2014

Hi Stéphane,

I took a look a the same kind of solution but didn't trust it enough. Especially Foreign keys and ids generated by the database would make it extremly tricky.

You could always keep a read only copy of your old jira instance for historical reference.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer